On Sunday, November 9, my great Grandma, Dorothy Benware, lost the battle of life. She was 90 and in pain. I was blessed to be able to see much of her during her final 3 days. I went over each night after the kids were in bed to help my family members care for her into the night. When she was awake, she was alert and knew who was there and was able to talk a bit as well. I was able to tell her I loved her so much. I was able to hear her say she loved me too. She told Libby, (Her daughter and main caretake-my nana's sister) "Don't cry, I am just moving on"
Knowing this comforts me, but it doesn't ease the pain of the fact that she is really gone. Her duaghter passed away in the 50's at the age of 13 and she had outlived 4 others as well, and Grandpa, so I know she was looking forward to the reunion in Heaven when she got there. She was an amazing woman. I looked up to her so much. I always wanted to be just like her. Her voice was stern yet comforting to me. She always made me laugh or smile. She was the strongest woman I ever knew. She had a hard life, alot of sorrow, yet she NEVER seemed down. As a kid, I just thought she'd be here forever and I still can't grasp the fact that she's gone. We laid her to rest on Wednesday. A beautiful sunny day. Rest peacefully Grammy. Know that I will carry you in my heart and in my memories, until we meet again. I love you so much. Thank you for everything you gave to me and taught me. I hope I have become a woman you are proud of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment