I know I have posted twice already today, but this is more of a family type update. Enough of the farming junk already. LOL>
I turned 27 this past Monday (October 20th). It was a beautiful sunny day, and Philip and the boys made it extra special! Garrett had SO much fun making me a card, and decorating my cake and they all treated me like a princess all day. That evening, my dear friend Cora and her family came over for Corn Chowder. It was really fun. I am so blessed with an amazing family and wonderful friends.
October 22nd marked the 10 year anniversary of Gary's death. (Philip's little brother) It is hard to believe that 10 years has passed. I can remember it like it was yesterday. We brought a gorgeous mum up to the cemetary and upon arriving, we realized that a PUMPKIN was growing from the plants in front of his headstone. We had put a small one up their last year, and it composted and sprouted. The caretaker had mowed and weedwhacked around it all summer and here on his anniversary was this perfect little pumpkin. Very cool. We picked it and put it up next to the mum, and it looks just right.
The boys are doing well. Everyone is finally over their colds and sicknesses.
Garrett is loving school. He has gone on two field trips, and is never ceasing to amaze me with all that he is learning. He is writing ALOT now, and more and more without help. He spelled his friend Kobe's name as well as Mom without anyone showing him how to spell them! He is starting to write numbers as well. I am SO proud of him!
Sawyer is talking more and more and clearer everyday. He misses Garrett so much while he is at school. He is doing well though. He is now only one size smaller clothing wise than his "big" brother. He got a new carseat the other day, A Graco Nautilus and he loves it. I think his favorite part of it is the cupholder.
Our friends, Gelsy and Tim Young, welcomed their 3rd child, a little girl, Isabel Valentina 3 weeks ago. She is simply gorgeous! and soooo sweet. She joins a brother Ethan, (who happens to be Garrett's very best bud) and a sister Elina. I am really looking forward to watching her grow and getting my baby fix :)
Philip's aunt Elaine had her operation, and is recovering well. My great grandmother isn't doing very well, she is 90 and having some serious complications. Also just found out another close relative has breast cancer. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
Philip's cousin, Jolena and her family welcomed their 6th child, a baby girl who came 2 weeks late and weighed above 9 lbs. Her name is Rith Catherine. She joins Dad Clifford, brothers Nick, Joseph, Samuel and Jonathan, and sisters Hannah and Grace.
Well that is enough of an update for now!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ohh new babies..gotta love that!
the circle of life.. you have death on one hand and new life in the other ..
thats really neat about the pumpkin
Your birthday was so much fun. I am happy we could celebrate with you!
We were just looking at the same exact car seat because Erik's head is right at the top of his and he's only 10 pounds shy of the weight max.
How neat about the pumpkin.
Post a Comment