Friday, November 14, 2008

Getting ready for the Holidays.

The crazy, exciting, season. It's my favorite season. I love Christmas music and the whole feelign of it all. I love the hustle and bustle, good food, friends and family. I love seeing the kids eyes light up as they open their gifts. I love how they fall asleep in random places that night because they just can't stay awake any longer. I love Christmas cookies! This year we will be having our Holidays the night before since Our farm hand, Steven will want to be with his family. Philip will have to work those days. That is ok with us though. The Wednesday Night before Thanksgiving, we are having our friends and a few family over for dinner, Tim and Gelsy and their kids, Jon and Laura and their kids, Cora Skot and Erik, Harold and Joyce, Charles and Elaine (if Elaine is up to it) and Eloise and Larry. We will have a great time and great food. I know this because Tim is an AWESOME cook! (NO that isn't the only reason we invited him! Just a bonus :) Then on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, the boys and I are going to see my family at my Uncle Shawns house. We will come home around 4:30 to hel Daddy feed calves and do evening chores. Our Christmas plan are pretty much the same basic idea, but with less people. We will do our whole tree that evening, since Daddy milks every morning. We can't have him missing out on the gifts and the kids faces. We got our cards done, and I almost have them all ready to go out. I am hoping to hand most of them out as I see people over the next couple weeks to save on postage. We also had a cute one made for the farm to mail to all of our business contacts as well. They came out great. I am slowly getting my holiday shopping done. I have done alot of it on Ebay and Craigslist this year and have gotten some great "package deals". I hope everyone else is having lots of luck getting prepared, and finding those special gifts!

2 comments:

Nicolian said...

Yay!! I love this time of year too. Sounds like you're in for a good one. :)

autumnbts said...

Sounds like your holidays are going to be busy and fun! Good luck with the rest of your holiday preparations!