Spring is in the air. Yesterday was so nice. We were able to keep the door open and open a few windows to air the winter yuckies out of the house. It felt SO good. The boys played outside in sweatshirts and mudboots. No hats, mittens or snowpants! YAY!! Well it got me thinking... Spring Cleaning. Here are a few things on our list to do this spring/summer.
1st and foremost, my main goal is for me to lose 15 pounds which will put me under 200, something I haven't seen on the scale since I was pregnant with Garrett. Also, to have Sawyer completely potty trained. I would like both of these to happen before my birthday, which is October 20th. Both very attainable goals.
We are also planning on repainting a few rooms in our house. We have been here for 4 years now, and are ready to change things up a bit. Painting is the cheapest way to go about that. Right now, our living room is a pale yellow, and gets ALOT of sunlight. Sometimes its even TOO much. We are going to be repainting that room LOGANBERRY. It's a deep reddish pink. A very nice color. Our Kitchen and Dining area are currently the same color as our hall and our bedroom, which is a lavender tinted white. Very pretty color, I am just sick of it. We hace decided on a green theme for these two rooms. The kitchen will be ROSEMARY and the dining area will be PEAPOD GREEN. Both the same color, one being a lighter shade than the other, since the kitchen doesn't get much natural light, but the dining room does. Our bathroom is now a blue, which I have never really liked, but I am thinking of painting it a PECAN DREAM color, which is kinda of like a tannish brown, and redecorating it in a brown/teal theme. Maybe. Still undecided on the bathroom.
The boys really want their room redone as well, but we haven't much thought about it yet. That may be a fall project. Garrett really wants a Star Wars theme... but they share a room so that will be tricky. He may just get a Star Wars bedset for his birthday. Also their beds need to be bunked again soon. The bigger they get, the less space that room seems to have, and all of their stuff ends up in the livingroom, and it drives me crazy!
Another project that MUST get done is our basement. It is a ginormous MESS. WE moved a bunch of furniture that we had been storing in the farmhouse when Philips parents moved out, and it was all just kind of tossed in their for the moment and hasn't been dealt with since. We have our farm office down there and my washer and dryer, and I would like to have my sewing area back up down there as well this summer. We need to have a major yardsale at some point!!
And last but not least, and I will most likely think of 10 more projects later... is going through clothes. My kids have sooooo many clothes it's ridiculous. I need to go through ALL of their winter stuff and decide what is worth saving for next year, what needs to be consigned, handed down or thrown out. And I need to do the same with the summer stuff as I slowly unpack it. I got out the T Shirts yesterday since it will be warm enough for jeans and T's pretty soon. We have awhile yet until the shorts and tanks and swimming stuff need to come out.
Well thats all for now. Wish me luck on my list. Unfortunately I am the worlds WORST procrastinator, and get all these big ideas and then never finish.. BUT, I really want all of this stuff done, and will feel so much better once it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I will vow to lose 15 pounds with you! We can do it. One pound at a time!!!
Post a Comment