I have been avoiding my blog really. I try to keep my updates on the positive side, and truth be told, there isn't much positive going on lately. Farming gets harder and harder as the milk price drops. We are trying to keep our chin up, and we are doing the best we can but the odds it seems, have been greatly stacked against us over the last few months. With that said, I do have a few positive updates about our family.
Garrett is doing awesome at school. We are so very proud of him. His teacher sent me a note telling my how nice it was to have him in her class, how well he was doing and that we is so proud of his family and his farm. Also that he is never mean to the other kids, and is a great friend to all. She said he is really enjoying being an artist and an author, and really proud of his work. Philip and I just beaming.
Sawyer is growing more and more everyday. He is totally into snakes and spiders and bugs. He is going to preschool more now and just loving it. He is also learning so much! I recently joined the board at his preschool. They had an opening and the director asked me if I was interested, so I decided to give it a shot.
I have been taking the cooking for life class the last 5 Thursdays, and our last class is next week. It has been so much fun! It's a free cooking class where we talk about nutrition, make a couple recipes, and get the ingredients to take home to make the recipe for our families. The last class we got $10 giftcards and took a field trip to Shaws, to try to plan a meal that consisted of all the food groups, for less than $1o. I picked Corn Chowder and whole wheat Bread and Strawberries. I bought everything except the bacon and milk which I had at home and it came to $9.78! Next week we will be getting a surprise gift for completing the class! Sometime when I have more time, I will post some of the recipes we made. The apple cake was awesome!
We figured out that I am allergic to Kiwi and Fresh Pineapple. A couple weeks ago I had a smoothie with Kiwi which has never bothered me, but my mother developed an allergy to it in her mid-twenties. I drank the smoothie and instantly my mouth and lips began to itch. I stopped drinking, since I knew those were symptoms my mom would get. Then the other night I bought a fresh pineapple and ate alot of it as it was so good. My mouth and lips and face started itching so bad and my mouth burned. I had to go in and brush my teeth and scrub my face and it still continued to be irritated for a few hours. No more Kiwi or fresh pineapple for me :( I am bummed as I love pineapple. Kiwi I can live without.
I think that is pretty much all for now. Today was an Easter, a wonderful but hectic day!!! I am exhausted!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Im thinking about you. :) I hope you are doing alright.
I have some BTFE for you again. ;)
Post a Comment