Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!!

Today is the day for lovers! It has been a great day for us. This morning, I taught Toby and Tonya (calves who are about a month old) how to drink from a pail, rather than a bottle. They both took very well to it. Toby gets SO excited though and she put her front feet up in the bucket. It was cute.

After chores, we met my mom for lunch at the Joy Wah chinese restaurant in Bellows Falls, where the boys had a blast eating rice and talking about the woman prepping snow peas. Then my mom took the boys with her for the night.

This afternoon, I baked Joyce a French Vanilla Raspberry cake for her birthday today, and then headed over to the barn to help my love with barn chores. Toby and Tonya did even better with the pails tonight, not even needing direction. YAY! I stayed in the barn and helped more than usual since I didn't have the boys waiting for me. It was really nice. Sometimes I forget how much fun Philip and I have when it's just us. (Well us and the cows anyway.)

We kept our Valentines Day pretty low key, since we just went all out for our anniversary last week. Which is fine. We are pretty low key people anyway.

So, I am ending todays blog, with wishing you all a very Happy Valentines Day, may you all enjoy the ones you love so dearly, not just today but everyday! And also wishing my mother in law a very happy birthday! We love you Grammy Joyce!!

No comments: