We have had quite the run of Birthdays in the last few weeks, plus Philip and I just celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary.
Today, February 9, 2009 would have been Philip's little brother Garys 27th birthday. For those who have never heard, Gary passed away 10 years ago at the age of 16 in an auto accident. We celebrated the day with Sawyer and I taking his mom out to lunch, and then this afternoon, Philip and I trudged through knee deep snow to visit his stone. We often wonder what Gary would be like today. What he would have become, would he have a wife? Kids? Make millions? Farm with us? No matter what, we love him and miss him dearly.
January 20th, Philip's dad turned 65. Same day as Barack Obama made history in the White House! WOOHOOO!!!
January 24th, Philip turned 29. The day before his birthday, the boys and I surprised him with gifts and balloons. The boys had a blast hiding out in the dark and yelling SURPRISE! when Daddy walked in the door. Philip was so excited, especially to hear the excitement in the kids voices and on their faces. It was priceless. That night we had Kevin and Stevie over for a yummy ham dinner and cake. The night of his actual birthday, him and I went to the Olive Garden for a "date". It was great. We ran into some friends so the wait was tolerable and the meal was delicious! The boys spent the night at Grammy Kellys house. My sister also had a Birthday recently... (I don't know why but sometimes... my blog won't let me enter to a new line and sometimes it will> Sorry for the funniness.....) anyhow! Kurstin turned 21 on January 31st. We went to Sophie and Zekes for dinner and then to the Heritage for a night of good food, friends, family and music. It was a great night out. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ALL!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment