Finally! We have a 4 day stretch of good weather and Philip mowed down the rest of our 1st cut. What a bittersweet feeling! It feels great to finally be almost done with our first cut, but that means ALOT of work over the next 4 days. We have had an awful summer for haying so far. Apparently the wet weather has been great for the corn though.
Ingrid ended up with Milk Fever again yesterday and I helped Philip treat her via IV. It was the first time I have participated in such an event... and it made me wonder how Philip does it himself, sometimes in the wee hours of the night or out in the field. I think he's Superman! He must be. As far as I know she is doing better today. She really perked up after the treatment was over yesterday, and I haven't heard Philip saying he had to treat her at all today. She is definately what we refer to as a "calcium cow" meaning this happens just about everytime she calves.
Willie and Waylan are doing great. We moved Waylan into the pen right across from Willie so they can get aquainted, afterall, they are half brothers. We tried to put a harness on Willie yesterday, but aparently a calf haltar isn't really designed for a calf as it was WAY too big!! The boys were really looking forward to walking with him... but I guess that will have to wait until I can find a haltar that fits them.
I took Sawyer to urgent care today for a "rash" on his arm. It wasn't really "urgent" but our Dr. couldn't see him until Tuesday and I wanted to make sure it wasn't contagious since he goes to Daycare tomorrow. It's not. Apparently it is just fly bites that are a bit swollen.
I may not post too much over the next couple days as they will be pretty busy. We will be haying, and cleaning, and having a home visit from Garrett's new Kindergarten Teacher, Ms. Vicky. I will be back though :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, just reading your post makes me tired. I don't know how you guys do it! I wish some one would come hay our field the kids would have a far large yard then.
Poor cow, hopfully she gets past this once and for all. How is the baby doing? I bet it is adorable :)
She will get over it... She should be over it by now.
Her baby is well. Cute as a button. Our friend that raises them as steers is coming to get him this weekend :)
Poor girl, again. Phil is a super famer. The boys should make him a cape! ;) Wouldn't that be a site... Phil walking to the farm in a super hero cape!
Post a Comment