I have been totally slacking on the entries, I know.
Life has been chaotic to say the least. Without divulging into a frenzy of details, I will give you the nutshell version. In August we sold the herd, to a guy in NY. The cows came down with lungworm, most of them died and now we are fighting a massive legal battle for both our money he owes us for the animals, as well as to prove that he neglected them. That is the EXTREMELY short and not so personal version.
We kept 11 milkers... Peace, Pansy, Katie, Half, Louise, Leah, Oriole, Paisley, Phila, Raye and Ruby. We are selling all of our milk to 2 local cheesemakers. Things are pretty tight, and we are trying to focus on figuring out our future.
Garrett and Sawyer continue to get bigger and smarter by the day. They never cease to amaze me. Garrett is in first grade now, and has lost his 2 bottom teeth. He is reading above level, and can write neater than some adult guys I know! Haha!! Sawyer is 4 now, and going to the Village Early Learning Center. He LOVES it. He is my little social butterfly!
I myself, went back to school. I started in January at the Community College of Vermont (CCV) in Brattleboro. I am currently taking 3 classes... Dimensions of work, Intro to Human Services, and English Composition. I am aiming at an associates degree for now.
So that is my very breif update. I will try to be better about updating regularly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so happy to see that you updated. I just checked out your blog the other day to see if you had.
We should do lunch sometime. My cell is dead at the moment. I am waiting on AT&T to send me a new battery.
Wow this just popped up on my blog radar!
Sorry to hear about your cow situation but the boys seem to be doing wonderfully!
Congrats on going back to school.. I know thats not an easy task.. Joe started school this past year as well..
We will say a prayer for your family this evening!
Cora! Yes we should! Miss you! I am getting a new phone on Monday as well! I will be in touch!
Nicole! Thanks for the prayers! It has been a really hard row to hoe, but we will be ok eventually! I am lovign school, though it is hard to focus with the chaos of life about! Congrats to Joe as well, and if I remember correctly... did you have a new addition!?
Post a Comment