Friday, September 26, 2008
Wow! Lots and Lots of new!!
So, I guess it has been awhile!! Jeepers! Lots to update on. The farm has been crazy busy. Leda, Our beef Mama, surprised us on Sept 13th and gave birth to Belted Twins!! We were SO excited!! A boy and a girl... Johnny and June. They are doing great and are soooo cute! Willie, our longhorn steer is doing great. We have successfully haltar trained him and he loves to walk out front with Sawyer and I to meet Garrett from the bus. Waylan unfortunately isn't doing so well. He has had diarrhea for a long time now and is losing all the hair on his rump as well as his face. We really don't know what is wrong with him and have tried numerous different things as has our vet. He isn't getting any better and I think we will have to let him go soon. I hate it, but it is par for the course I guess. My personal opinion is that he may have an intestinal birth defect. We have treated him for just about every illness he could get with no luck. So, there goes our team of oxen. We will still keep Willie for fun. We had a HUGE run of heifer calves so far this fall. Which is good. We were able to sell off a few. The John Deere is at the repair shop.... it needs a clutch job which is NOT GOOD. Very expensive since they basically have to tear the tractor in half to get to it and who knows what else they will find to repair while they're in there. Philip's aunt Elaine was diagnosed with Colon Cancer and underwent surgery on Sept 24th. As far as we know the surgery was a success. Please keep her in your prayers. Well... That is all I can think of for now. Dinner is done. I will update some more later!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment