Sunday, September 28, 2008
Goodbye Waylan...
Well... little Waylan didn't make it. I am sad, but we tried so many different things. I honestly think he had an intestinal deformation. He wasn't growing or putting on weight. Atleast he isn't suffering now. This is the hard part of farming. You do get attached to the animals. I am really sad, even though deep down I knew he wasn't getting any better. Birth defects don'thappen often, but they do happen and it is beyond our control. There goes our hopes for an oxen team. We waited 9 long months, hoping both of our girls bred to longhorns would have bulls that weren't polled. I can still remember the day Philip came down off the hill in the pouring rain carrying Waylan in his arms. "IT'S A BOY!!" He yelled to me while I waited at the gate. "WOOOHOOO!!" I yelled back... thinking that our neighbors probably thought we were nuts. Rest peacefully little bull. Please know that we really wanted to raise you, to work you and train you and that we pulled out all the stops to save you. Goodebye Waylan, we will miss you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh, how sad.. is this the one born on your birthday?
I'm so sorry Teah. It must be so hard to lose and animal like that. Poor little guy. Hope he's at peace now.
Post a Comment